Be part of the solution. Local cleanup happening in September
Make plans to join our 'KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL' Charlotte Chapter and take part in the International Coastal Cleanup!
Sign Up: Gather your team and register online by September 1
When: September 16, 2017
Where: Punta Gorda Harborwalk
What: This family-friendly event is for anyone interested in reducing trash and debris in our waters and beautifying our city's resources. Boaters, walkers, kayakers and paddle-boarders are welcome!
Please come out and support the CCA Charlotte Chapter for a few hours cleaning up the coast! Each September, organizations around the world help protect our shared waterways by participating in the International Coastal Cleanup. Nearly 12 million people and counting have been part of the world’s biggest volunteer effort to protect the ocean.
Join together with civic organizations, businesses, boating and fishing clubs, paddle clubs or groups, cycling groups, scouting organizations, school clubs or groups, and anyone interested in reducing trash in our waters and maintaining our city’s resources.
A boat is NOT required - walkers, canoers, kayakers, and paddle-boarders are welcome!
- - Form a team of 6-12 volunteers to work 2-4 hours on Saturday, September 16, 2017.
- - Select a team captain.
- - Team captain will register the team on http://keepcharlottebeautiful.net before September 1, 2017 (t-shirt sizes will be required at that time).
- - Select Register Today.
- - Select Register Now (this will take you to a registration page).
- - Select Event: International Coastal Clean-Up.
- - Provide Organization Name and number and sizes of t-shirts.
- - Collection areas will be assigned to each registered team.
- - Team Captain will pick-up safety and collection supplies from Keep Charlotte Beautiful during week prior to collection.
- - Team Captains select record keepers (1 recorder per 2 collectors) and determine recording method (paper and pencil or Smartphone App).
- - Collect trash in your assigned area and record types and amounts of trash collected.
- - Deposit trash bags at designated consolidation spots.
- - All safety and collection supplies
- - Water and snacks
- - T-shirts for all participants
- - Record keeping supplies and Smartphone App to track what is collected
- - Assigned collection areas
- - Designated trash consolidation points
Gather your team and register online by September 1. You'll have all safety and collection supplies provided, along with snacks, t-shirts and more!
For more information, contact Gene Kingery at 941-639-0292 or via email.