A Little History
The first observance of a “Father’s Day” was held on July 5, 1908, in Fairmont, West Virginia. But it wasn’t until 1966 that President Lyndon B. Johnson issued the first presidential proclamation honoring fathers, designating the third Sunday in June as Father’s Day. Six years later, the day was made a permanent national holiday when President Richard Nixon signed it into law in 1972.
On Father’s Day we celebrate the contribution that fathers and father figures make in their children’s lives. We send cards, buy gifts, and have barbeques. Still needing a gift idea for Dad? Are you thinking ties, tools or tongs? Instead surprise Dad with a day on the water.
Need Some Ideas for Gifts?
Of course, the ultimate surprise would be a new boat! Whether he’d prefer a fishing boat, a power boat or a pontoon, Ingman Marine has a broad selection of new and preowned boats and an experienced staff to help you select the right boat for Dad.
We carry all the top brands – Bennington Marine, Cobia Boats, Grady White, Hewes, Hurricane, Maverick, Pathfinder, Sea Born, Sea Hunt, Skeeter, Stingray Boats, SunChaser, Sundance and Sylvan.
Okay, so maybe a new boat is not in your budget or Dad already has his perfect boat, you can still treat Dad to a water themed Father’s Day.
Check out some ideas from Ted’s Tackle at 1189 Tamiami Trail in front of Ingman Marine for all things fishing, boating and more.
– High end reels from Okuma, Penn and Shimano
– Fishing tackle from Berkley and Shakespeare
– Fishing lures from D.O.A. and Mirrolure
– Mustad fish hooks – best-selling hook brand
– PowerPro Fishing Lines: Fish better with ultra-strong fishing lines, the ultimate in modern technology and old-fashioned fishing.
– Calusa Cast Net: Handmade Calusa Cast Nets are designed to meet the needs of demanding anglers. Feels softer, throws easier, and lies flatter.
– frogg togs – Outdoor rain gear, fishing waders or cooling products.
– Costa – Sunglasses, clothing and accessories
– Calcutta – outdoor gear and apparel
– A Mister Twister Electric Fisherman™ Fillet Knife: The fillet knife fisherman ask for by name. The extra sharp blade for fast, easy filleting. Features a safety lock and is lightweight, comfortable handle designed for better control. Heavy-duty motor increases motor life. High impact motor housing offers additional protection. The power cord is expandable so that it stays out of the way. Meaning more time fishing and less time cleaning.
In addition, Ted’s has, cool shirts, sunglasses, and hats and best of all, Ted’s has an experienced angler with a wealth of knowledge and advice to help you find just the right gift.
Get his boat detailed inside and out to give it that new boat feel and protect the finish. We can even pick your boat up at the ramp and deliver your boat to 1 of 5 service centers for service and then deliver it back.
Consider getting him the parts or service he’s been meaning to “get around to”. Ingman Marine is a full service boat and motor dealer with complete service departments in all 3 locations, Port Charlotte, Sarasota and Placida.
Ingman Marine’s parts department carries the best parts from all the top brands: ACR, Bob’s Jackplate, Blue Seas, Cannon, Garelick, Furuno, Fusion, Garmin, Humminbird, ICom, Lenco, Lowrance, Jensen, Minnkota, Lewmar, Ocean LED, Igloo, Lee’s Tackle, Stearns, Power Pole, Raymarine, Standard Horizon, Swivl-Eze, Stiffy push poles, Taylor, Tempress, Wise, Todd, Taco and Yachter’s Choice.
Treat Dad to a meal at a dockside restaurant.
There are a lot of great Florida restaurants that you can get to by boat. Select the links below to find out more about what Sarasota, Placida and Port Charlotte have to offer. We even provide GPS coordinates!
* Sanibel / Captiva / Pine Island / Cape Coral * Punta Gorda / Pt. Charlotte * Boca Grande / Englewood * Venice / Nokomis / Osprey * Sarasota / Bradenton
And last but not least…take Dad for a walk on the beach.
Whatever you do, enjoy your time together!!!