Prep: 10 min.|Cook: 12-15 min.|Yields: 2-4 Servings
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Rinse the scallops and pat dry. Be sure to remove any additional side muscle that might have still been attached.
- Wrap each scallop with 1 of the half pieces of bacon and secure the ends with a toothpick.
- In a single layer, arrange the scallops on the parchment lined baking sheet. Be sure to leave space between each scallop to allow the bacon to crisp as it cooks.
- Drizzle the olive oil over each scallop and then season each one to your liking with salt and pepper.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and cook 12-15 minutes until the scallops are solid white & tender and the bacon is crisp and cooked through. Serve immediately.
If you wish to have a dipping sauce, a creamy white sauce or alfredo would pair wonderfully. A side salad also would make the meal a bit more complete. Simply add some of your favorite veggies to your desired leafy greens and pair it with your favorite dressing for a delicious addition.