Tacos are arguably one of the best dishes ever created. They can be done in so many different ways, including this cheap, easy and quick way. Tacos in a bag save on dishes and mess, but definitely not on the flavor.
This is a great boat lunch or dinner. If you wish to take the kids out for a day on the boat, this dish is easy enough to prepare the night before. Its a sure way to bring smiles to the kids faces. Learn more about Ingman Marines top 15 foods to take on a boat trip.
Prep: 10 min.|Cook: 10-15 min.|Yields: 4 Servings
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet. Cook by stirring over medium heat until thoroughly cooked.
- Drain the liquid and add the taco seasoning and water, mentioned in the taco seasoning package.
- Cook the taco seasoning into the meat by following the directions of the seasoning package.
- With the chip bags unopened, crush the chips to the desired size. Be sure to be gentle, as to not pop the bag.
- Now to open the bag, you can either open it like an average person would, by pulling on either side of the bag towards the top. If you are not confident that you can open the bag without ripping the sides, simply cut the top of the bag off, just below the seal, to leave as much of the bags height intact.
- Now each person can build their own taco in their desired chip bag. Simply drop your topping into the bag, grab a fork and enjoy!
The great thing about tacos? You can play with the ingredients, there is no ONE way to make these delicious taco packets. Play around with your chip choice, maybe you want to break away from the standard tortilla or cornchip?
You can also change up the meat choice. For instance you can try: ground turkey, ground chicken, grilled chicken, taco seasoned fish fillets or even zest it up with some shrimp tacos.
Everyone likes different toppings. If salsa isn’t quite on your ‘favorite toppings’ list, go ahead and try other flavors. Avocados, diced onions and black olives are among the tops as well.
If taking this dish on a boat with you, read our Top 15 Boat Foods Article to learn more.