Mahi is not only a beautiful fish, they are also rather tasty! In restaurants you tend to see “Mahi Mahi” as a title of small plated entree or an appetizer, luckily Ingman Marine is here to broaden your horizons. Fish taco’s are generally made with a cheaper fish, like Tilapia. However, in this recipe we will be using Mahi (a.k.a Dolphinfish, Dorado) to class these tacos up a bit. This recipe will teach you how to make Grilled Mahi Tacos with a tangy Citrus Vinaigrette to drizzle on top.
Prep: 20 min.|Cook: 20 min.|Yields: 16 Tacos Servings
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Drizzle the oil over the fillets, making sure to fully coat the fish. Season with the salt & pepper.
- Grill each fillet for 3 – 4 minutes per side.
- Now remove the Mahi from the grill and drizzle with the Citrus Vinaigrette. (If you are using our homemade recipe you can find the instructions below)
- Let the fish rest for approx. 5-10 minutes and then flake the fillets apart with a fork.
- Fill each tortilla with some of the mahi and whatever other toppings you may want.
For the Citrus Vinaigrette:
- Combine all of the Citrus Vinaigrette ingredients in a blender and blend for 1 minute
Fish tacos always pair very well with a fruit salsa or chutney as a topper. Lucky for you we also happen to have a Mango Salsa recipe on hand. The mango will accent the Citrus Vinaigrette and react with the Mahi’s mild flavor.
Did you happen to go to the store and buy your Mahi fillets? Do you want to try and catch your own Dolphinfish next time, but don’t know what to do or where to fish for them? We have prepared an article that can help you do just that. Check out our “What you need to know for Mahi Season” article to learn where to catch them, how to catch them and the rules & regulations.